Thursday, August 7, 2014

80th b-day cards for my in-laws, PTI Topiary set -- OCC SYS 2


We had a family party last weekend to celebrate the 80th birthdays of my husband's parents. It was not the month for either one, but that's when people could make it to their little town.

I wanted the cards to be a bit matchy, so used the same stamp set & LO, but different accent colors. I hadn't used this topiary set before & was surprised at how well my 2-step stamping came out. I'm a bit challenged at lining things up. After stamping the planter a bit wonky, I decided to stamp them on separate paper & cut them out. Popped up on a bit of foam tape, I think they provide a nice accent.

They liked them, but I never think they really appreciate a handmade card any more than a store-bought one. It's somewhat expected that I will give cards that I made & I enjoy making them, so there we go!

Edited to add this to the gallery for Online Card Classes "Stretch Your Stamps 2" for the Floral Builders day. (I think that 2-step plants count too!)
Thanks for coming by to take a look!

Supplies: PTI: stamps, cardstock, ink; Memento brown ink, foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment